Monday 8 June 2015

The Gift Wrapping Before Christmas

I want to tear me
into a thousand pieces
and wrap each piece with
a red red ribbon,
a gift of immortal affection
to many men, a piece of my body,
a rhapsody of flavor:
'orange with cinnamon',
'peaches and cream',
'blood orange dream'.

One gets an eye
but receives no sight, no
I would be lost in delight with him
and he would call me 'dear'
like the little animal that I am;
a tequila shot good enough
to be left to rot
once the flavor is gone.

One would have to have my chest,
however I might keep my breasts,
I'm quite fond of them myself.
This guy, he's a thing of hope,
he might disappear
as a clear streak of good will or luck
and oh, will I miss the fuck,
the peachy taste of it,
the beloved consistency.

Now He, the bloody orange Santa,
he will ask for it – a vein.
I know it since I know him well
enough to say he's a bloodthirsty
pagan, a demon king...
Yet he will bring
a brand new body with him
to replace the last one I had
but decided to start giving
like a really really bad girl.

Oh, and... you know, since
Christmas is coming.


Angie Siljanoska